The Live Edge Bench is cut off whole piece of solid timber from Samanea wood, famous for its beautiful golden colour grains. The sapwood (outer side timber) is commonly seen a lot lighter colour which gives it a very unique and contrast look.
One side of the table is straight-line cut and the other side is kept live edge to give your home the best natural-looking touch.
Our wood sourced from South East Asia. They have been kiln dried for months and is guaranteed to meet all Australian standards for moisture control of 9% – 12% percent to minimize the movement, shrink or twist of wood.
***Note: every piece is unique looking as natural live edge timber used. there are sometimes minor cracks, burrs etc same as characters of all-natural timber products. Minor imperfection and rustic appearance are part of the charm
You can use it for any timber project you have in mind: stool, little shelf, floating shelf, timber tray
METAL LEG OPTIONS
Hairpin 70cm legs or U shelf 70 cm legs as a shelf
Hairpin 40cm legs or U bench 40cm legs as bench seat.
To maximize the life and beauty, protection of the natural wood furniture, please follow these guidelines:
• Timber should not be placed on damp or wet surfaces or exposed to direct sunlight or extreme heat. Extremes in temperature due to heaters, fireplaces and air-conditioners will contribute to the decline in moisture content and can affect the life and look of your natural wood furniture causing it to split, move and warp.
• Avoid placing abrasive items directly on your furniture and always place a protective pad, placemat or coaster under hot dishes, teapots, saucepans etc. Our furniture surfaces have been treated with a heat resistant lacquer, but will not tolerate excessive heat. The heat transfers through the lacquer and marks the timber itself as well as marking the lacquer.
• Spills should be wiped off immediately with a soft cloth. Our lacquer is water resistant, but not capable of dealing with excessive amounts. The liquid will eventually seep through the lacquer and cause swelling, blistering and ir-repairable damage to the timber if exposed to excessive amounts of water.
• Please avoid any contact between your natural wood furniture and acetone, methylated spirits, markers, glues or any cleaning products containing silicone.
• Avoid covering your furniture for prolonged periods of time. Moisture can collect under the covering and cause damage to your furniture.
Dimensions (L x W x H): 755x340x742 / Top 42mm