The Live Edge Bench is cut off whole piece of solid timber from Samanea wood, famous for its beautiful golden colour grains. The sapwood (outer side timber) is commonly seen a lot lighter colour which gives it a very unique and contrast look.
One side of the table is straight-line cut and the other side is kept live edge to give your home the best natural-looking touch.
Our wood sourced from South East Asia. They have been kiln dried for months and is guaranteed to meet all Australian standards for moisture control of 9% – 12% percent to minimize the movement, shrink or twist of wood.
***Note: every piece is unique looking as natural live edge timber used. there are sometimes minor cracks, burrs etc same as characters of all-natural timber products. Minor imperfection and rustic appearance are part of the charm
You can use it for hallway table, console, shelf, TV stand, bench, vanity top etc or any timber project you have in mind.
METAL LEG OPTIONS
Hairpin 70cm legs or U shelf 70 cm legs as a hallway table
Hairpin 40cm legs or U bench 40cm legs as bench seat.
To maximize the life and beauty, protection of the natural wood furniture, please follow these guidelines:
• Timber should not be placed on damp or wet surfaces or exposed to direct sunlight or extreme heat. Extremes in temperature due to heaters, fireplaces and air-conditioners will contribute to the decline in moisture content and can affect the life and look of your natural wood furniture causing it to split, move and warp.
• Avoid placing abrasive items directly on your furniture and always place a protective pad, placemat or coaster under hot dishes, teapots, saucepans etc. Our furniture surfaces have been treated with a heat resistant lacquer, but will not tolerate excessive heat. The heat transfers through the lacquer and marks the timber itself as well as marking the lacquer.
• Spills should be wiped off immediately with a soft cloth. Our lacquer is water resistant, but not capable of dealing with excessive amounts. The liquid will eventually seep through the lacquer and cause swelling, blistering and ir-repairable damage to the timber if exposed to excessive amounts of water.
• Please avoid any contact between your natural wood furniture and acetone, methylated spirits, markers, glues or any cleaning products containing silicone.
• Avoid covering your furniture for prolonged periods of time. Moisture can collect under the covering and cause damage to your furniture.
Dimensions (LxWxH): 2360x430x48